Looking for a unique and impressive appetizer for your next party or gathering? Try these delicious Hoecakes topped with creamy sour cream and luxurious caviar. Made with a savory blend of all-purpose flour, cornmeal, and spices, these cornbread cakes are easy to make and sure to impress. This recipe serves 4 people.
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of white corn meal
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup of creamed corn
- 1 lb of sour cream
- 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro (reserve for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 x 4.4 oz of your caviar or roe of choice. Our recommendations are Whitefish Roe, Hackleback Caviar or California White Sturgeon Caviar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients for corn bread together followed by adding the liquid ingredients. Mix well until moistened.
- Pour into a pan and smooth the top. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick for extra assurance. Let cool to room temperature
- Chop 1/2 bunch of cilantro and stir into 1lb of sour cream. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and mix well. Store in the refrigerator until its ready to be used.
- Cut small, 2inch cubes of cornbread and place on your serving platter. Drizzle sour cream and add your desired amount of caviar onto each hoecake. Garnish with cilantro if desired.