- Code: #200
- Status: Wild
- Common Name: Paddlefish
- Latin Name: Polyodeon spathula
- Color: Dark grey
- Pearl Size: Medium to small
- Profile: Smooth creamy flavor
- Place of Origin: Mississippi
- Shelf Life: 3-4 weeks refrigerated
- Shipping: FedEx priority
The American Paddlefish is a smooth-skinned freshwater fish commonly called paddlefish, and is also referred to as Mississippi paddlefish, spoon-billed cat, or spoonbill.
Enjoyed for its elegant flavor, this wild caviar displays many of the highly desired characteristics for any use. With its consistent size, shiny deep gray color and smooth creamy flavor it bears a striking resemblance to Sevruga caviar.